Three-day mourning period, no opinion? After Yang Eui-ji's determined remarks, fans hung banners
Apr 05, 2025
|
All female fans of 10 KBO League clubs staged a two-day truck protest on April 2 and 3 with strong protest. The protest truck was held in front of KBO headquarters in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Changwon City Hall, Changwon Facilities Corporation, and Jamsil, Suwon, Daejeon, and Gwangju Stadium, where the weekday series will be held.
The fuse is a response to the injury and death of three spectators at Changwon NC Park on the 29th of last month. Mr. A, in his 20s, who visited Changwon NC Park to watch the game between the LG Twins and the NC Dinos on the 29th of last month, was seriously injured in his head by a structure that fell 17.5 meters above the concourse cafeteria on the third base of Gate 4. He was immediately transferred to a nearby hospital for emergency surgery, but he died on the morning of the 31st. Teenage brother B, who visited the ballpark with A, also suffered a broken collarbone and is receiving treatment. Another spectator, Mr. C, also suffered trauma to his leg.
|
All female fans of the 10 KBO League clubs said, "The accident is an unprecedented human accident in the history of domestic professional sports, and it was entirely due to poor safety management and avoidance of responsibility by KBO and Changwon City."Even though there was a president at the scene, the game was carried out without any notice because the accident occurred outside the ground."Criticizing ", Changwon City, the owner of the stadium, is stepping back and handing the responsibility to the club. Despite the fact that the outer wall structure, which is the cause of the accident, was installed by Changwon City, it was not included in the inspection list and only reiterated that it was not their responsibility" he said.
Fans demanded that `KBO immediately stop ignoring the safety of spectators to operate the league and generate revenue, and that the city should stop avoiding further responsibility and actively cooperate with measures to prevent accidents and prevent recurrence' along with a full safety inspection of `Changwon NC Park.' He also hoped that the KBO would prepare an integrated and practical safety management regulations and audience stability manuals for each stadium and implement them in consultation with all clubs.
|
All the fans explained, `We found out that the players were ignored even though they asked the KBO to suspend the game on the 3rd, and the president's continued silence and other actions continued to be reported, so we continued to hold banner protests.'
Doosan Yang Eui-ji's recent interview comments became a catalyst. Yang Eui-ji said in an interview with reporters after the match against Kiwoom in Jamsil on the 3rd, when the game resumed, "This is where I have been for four years. NC fan had a sad accident. My heart was heavy and I thought, `Do I have to play honestly?'"I wanted to have a mourning period of just three days. It's kind of like that. I'm also a father and a breadwinner. It's a terrible thing. There was also talk about the players' association, but (KBO) notified them. They say they always communicate, but there's nothing like that at all. There are KBO positions, but there are also players' hearts, so I hope we can communicate more" he made a determined remark.
All the fans said "This protest is a desperate question for fans about the 'league operation that prioritizes box office and schedule over fan safety." We urge related organizations not to turn a blind eye to the reality that fans' lives are threatened both inside and outside the stadium, and to take responsible attitudes and measures to prevent recurrence."
This article was translated by Naver AI translator.