Ogem Oh Young-soo's second trial on charges of forced harassment also collapsed after serving a year in prison and 80 years of life

Apr 04, 2025

Ogem Oh Young-soo's second trial on charges of forced harassment also collapsed after serving a year in prison and 80 years of life
사진=Yonhap News



The prosecution also demanded a one-year prison term for actor Oh Young-soo, who is accused of forced harassment.

At the final hearing of the Suwon District Court's Criminal Appeals Division 6 (Chief Judge Kwak Hyung-seop, Kim Eun-jung and Kang Hee-kyung) on the 3rd, the prosecution demanded a one-year prison term in the same manner as the first trial, saying, `It is a serious case that the accused, an elderly actor who has been active in the theater for 50 years, sexually harassed a low-ranking member who had just stepped in.' Earlier in November 2022, Oh Young-soo was indicted on charges of forced harassment twice, including hugging the victim A and kissing him on the cheek in front of A's residence while walking on the Daegu promenade in 2017.

The prosecution also denied the allegations and claimed that they were false, showing no attitude of self-reflection. "Please sentence the defendant to a serious sentence that has not been forgiven by the victim so far, but rather that the victim is making false statements."




Ogem Oh Young-soo's second trial on charges of forced harassment also collapsed after serving a year in prison and 80 years of life
In his final statement, Oh Young-soo said, `I am ashamed to be in court at this age. If my words and actions at the time were wrong and it was a sin, I would be paid, but I believe there was nothing that could have been considered harassment in my words and actions at the time." Then "My life that I kept for 80 years collapsed without value. Feel empty. It's hard to bear. Let me get back to my place," he added.

In his closing argument, Oh Young-soo's lawyer said, `There is no direct evidence of the indictment, and the victim's statement is the only one. However, the statement is not reliable because the victim's statement is inconsistent, has no specificity, and contradicts the testimony of a third party. Regarding Oh Young-soo's apology message to the victim, he also explained that he made a formal apology in order not to damage the creators of the "Squid Game".

The verdict of appeal will be held on June 3.






joyjoy90@sportschosun.com